One day each weekend, students are taken by chartered bus on excursions to points of cultural, historical, or recreational interest in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Examples of field trips from past years include:
- The Computer History Museum
- The Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), the deYoung Museum, or the Legion of Honor in San Francisco
- Theatrical performances at ACT in San Francisco or CalShakes in Orinda
- Musical performances at the San Francisco Symphony, San Francisco Opera, and others
- Capitola, a picturesque Northern California beach town
- The Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Muir Woods or Big Basin State Park
Transportation, lunch, and entrance fees are included for all participants.